Show Navigation Menu

City or Countryside?

More
14 years 3 months ago #13262 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:City or Countryside?
Sure, but as a young person it is great to be able to walk to shops and meet up with friends. I have a 10 minute drive to a store, minimum, and country roads are not safe to walk on at all.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13280 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:City or Countryside?
scootiebee wrote:

Sure, but as a young person it is great to be able to walk to shops and meet up with friends. I have a 10 minute drive to a store, minimum, and country roads are not safe to walk on at all.

Country roads aren't safe to walk on? :ohmy: Why not?

More
14 years 3 months ago #13297 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:City or Countryside?
Envy wrote:

scootiebee wrote:

Country roads aren't safe to walk on? :ohmy: Why not?

Not sure about Scootiebee's area, but the roads where I live aren't very safe to walk on. There are no sidewalks, just gravel shoulders. Those are very narrow, and sometimes will collapse into the ditch entirely if it's been raining a lot. And also, people speed... the speed limit on my road is 60 km/h, which is about 35 mph, but most people do 80 km / 50 mph or more (yes, me included). Having said that, I do walk on this road in the summer, but only in daylight when I can see what's coming towards me.

One thing I miss about city-living is being able to go out without worrying who has to drive home. A cab to downtown, where any of the bars or concerts are, would probably be $40 or so each way for me, and there's no transit. Although as I've gotten older, I prefer to drink at home now, so it's not really that big of a deal.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13318 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:City or Countryside?
Yep, Morgana summed it up well. Narrow street, hilly and curvy, with trees on both sides of the road, no sidewalk, and people driving WAY too fast. You just can't walk safely on the street. Now for a walk in the woods, we are all good there.♠

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13360 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:City or Countryside?
scootiebee wrote:

Yep, Morgana summed it up well. Narrow street, hilly and curvy, with trees on both sides of the road, no sidewalk, and people driving WAY too fast. You just can't walk safely on the street. Now for a walk in the woods, we are all good there.♠

Ahh I see..

I remember once going for a walk in the woods and finding a whole load of pheasants just walking around together. :P My dad was tempted to go and get us dinner, but we had to drag him away. :woohoo:

More
14 years 3 months ago #13416 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:City or Countryside?
Small Gothic style village, yes in the country.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds