Show Navigation Menu

Absinthe

More
14 years 5 months ago #7308 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Absinthe \"again\"...
I haven't tried it because it was impossible to get in the US until very recently. It had been illegal here for many years. I would try it, though. I saw a tv show about its production, how they make it, and it was very interesting. Worth a try, if I ever see it for sale locally, I will try it. But I haven't even seen it around here for sale. I did recently buy a bottle of Vampire Wine, though, and it was very nice (pinot noir, but the vineyard is called Vampire). They have a website, vampire.com.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #7315 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Absinthe \"again\"...
Hi every sisters and brothers of TOOA,

Yes, Manson is an Absintheur!

but not only...Now he has his own brand and it is really delicious!
far from a simple marketing product...

The name is Mansinthe and the alcool degrée is 66,6( :woohoo: )

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 5 months ago #7317 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Absinthe \"again\"...
I know it has its origin in France. I've heard that once Van Gogh needed his fill of absinthe so badly (he was both mentally and phisically addicted I suppose) that he ate his colors. I myself love absinthe but I never \"met\" the fairy yet. Maybe I should try other brands. or maybe I should drink more :lol: yes, it does have a lot of alcohol, 70% is all I have had so far. To go just a bit off-topic, there are stronger drinks, ever tried that Stroh rum with 80% alcohol?

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 5 months ago #7347 by Lonecrow
Replied by Lonecrow on topic Re:Absinthe \"again\"...
There's the legend of the Green Fairy.. But never saw it.. :(

Already try the Green Absinthe (57º alcohol) and it's nice..
But never the dark Absinthe (80º or more)...

More
14 years 5 months ago #7351 by SkieShauphen
I really wish I could try it sometime. The only place I know you COULD get it was in New Orleans before the hurricane.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #7354 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Absinthe
scootiebee wrote:

I haven't tried it because it was impossible to get in the US until very recently. It had been illegal here for many years. I would try it, though. I saw a tv show about its production, how they make it, and it was very interesting. Worth a try, if I ever see it for sale locally, I will try it. But I haven't even seen it around here for sale. I did recently buy a bottle of Vampire Wine, though, and it was very nice (pinot noir, but the vineyard is called Vampire). They have a website, vampire.com.

I tried Vampire when I was on holiday in the States a few years ago. It was really nice and my mum liked it, and she normally doesn't usually like red. I still have the cork somewhere...

Oh and everyone is making absinthe sound absolutely deadly! Hehe.

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds