Show Navigation Menu

Education.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30256 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re: Education.

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30262 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Education.
:P Is that your view on education, or are you just being cheeky?

More
12 years 10 months ago #33718 by Envy
Hm. Don't know if this would come under education buuut..

I can never ever sleep before exams..I hate it. Especially if I have morning exams. I envy those who can sleep before exams so much!

Even when I should have nothing to be nervous about, I still can't sleep and revision just keeps going on in my head. Even more infuriatingly, revision flies out of my head as soon as I enter the exam.

I went to bed extra-early last night with the intention of getting 6 hours sleep prior to today's English Lit. exam (bed at 12, wake up at 6, revise until 8 and then exam at 9)..But I had poetry and all sorts going around in my head so next thing I knew, it was bright and sunny outside and 5am.. :angry:

More
12 years 10 months ago #33719 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Education.
Hmmm... Sleep... It really depends on the exam (most notably if it's an early morning or an afternoon exam) and my state of mind now. Earlier on I would usually have a really hard time going to sleep etc. for every exam, but now I either feel very sick&can't sleep or I sleep like the dead. :woohoo:

I had yesterday a 2 p.m. exam and I pretty much went early to bed, woke up at a reasonable time, tried to revise but basically ended up sleeping a couple more hours and then taking a shower and going to the exam. :huh:

And usually my mind is blank before the exam, not just a couple hours before it, but like a couple of days. Even if I do some revising in the last days, it can be pretty much compared to staring at a wall... :pinch:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33769 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

And usually my mind is blank before the exam, not just a couple hours before it, but like a couple of days. Even if I do some revising in the last days, it can be pretty much compared to staring at a wall... :pinch:

:blink: Oh, that's unusual!

I usually rely on the revision the few days prior to the exam to pull me through..If I revise too early, none of it goes in, so I am, like many others, just classified as a 'last-minute-crammer' when it comes to revising..I only ever revised a couple months early in my January exams and that was because I had 6 of them with half of them being new to me and two being self-taught..This time around, only 4/5 are new to me and one of those is practically impossible to revise for (English Lit.) :pinch:

Lately I've been feeling veeery sick, which hasn't helped. There was a week and a half where I threw up at least once a day and up to three times a day for no apparent reason, so I figured it was probably stress. That was during history-exam-week and half of this week..But things seem to have stopped for now.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33778 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Education.
Ah, I know it sounds unusual. :huh: When I was still at high-school I only needed to revise a day before, but now at uni it's different because there is much more material that you have to process and it's pretty much impossible to revise that in a couple of days.

Basically, we have lectures at uni, but most of them are pretty useless and essentially too time-consuming, therefore most people decide to self-teach themselves (including me). I found some lectures worthwhile for some exams, but that was because the professors cared enough to make them worthwhile...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds