Show Navigation Menu

What REALLY annoys you?

More
13 years 2 months ago #30195 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: What REALLY annoys you?
I discovered a new one today. While I've been apartment hunting, I've called and emailed on a few. So far all of my replies have been \"oh sorry, we dont have any one bedroom apartments available\". Then maybe, just maybe, you should take them off the websites. I can see the apartment book I picked up at the gas station being out of date, but it's easy enough to go online once a day after something gets rented and either delete the ad or put some type of note on it saying that it's already gone. *sigh* Finding a place to live shouldn't be this complicated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30205 by black_magnolia
nwbevk wrote:

I discovered a new one today. While I've been apartment hunting, I've called and emailed on a few. So far all of my replies have been \"oh sorry, we dont have any one bedroom apartments available\". Then maybe, just maybe, you should take them off the websites. I can see the apartment book I picked up at the gas station being out of date, but it's easy enough to go online once a day after something gets rented and either delete the ad or put some type of note on it saying that it's already gone. *sigh* Finding a place to live shouldn't be this complicated.

Oh, it's the same here. Good apartments vanish in a couple of days! When I was looking for one, once I called just two days after the add appeared on the net and they had already rented it out!
If you see an add you like then act fast!

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30208 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What REALLY annoys you?
black_magnolia wrote:

nwbevk wrote:

Oh, it's the same here. Good apartments vanish in a couple of days! When I was looking for one, once I called just two days after the add appeared on the net and they had already rented it out!
If you see an add you like then act fast!

:P Shame you don't live in the UK - Because of the recession (we're actually heading *back in* to recession thanks to this government) there's loaaads of places to live and no one to rent. There were two tower blocks of flats recently built in the city and there's just no demand for them - The rent prices kept going down and now the owners have resorted to trying to sell them for a crazily low price each flat.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30212 by CorpseQueen
I got a little mini-kinda of computer, which will help me with daily life - it's a calender, notes, checklists and lost of stuff. Real handy.

But two days after I got it, it breaks down. Refuses to start. And that was before christmas, and everything was closed and I had no fucking idea of what to do...

A week ago or so I get the help I need, and a few days later it's fixed! And later the next day the same things happen, for a different reason, and I can't still use it. I've had it for more then a month and not been able to make anything of it, as I haven't been able to use it. And when I get it fixed, it breaks down the next fucking day.

Today tho, I got all the help I needed - I got guidence, help and we fixed it! It's now working. And I know how to handle it if it breaks down once more.
But when saving some new changes, it doesn't work. The touchscreen doesn't wanna work. Still, maybe it'll work later... maybe I'll get it to work without leaving it somewhere... again.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #30214 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What REALLY annoys you?
:pinch: People listing things on eBay and sticking tons of 'keywords' in the title so that their item comes up on certain searches, even if the item itself doesn't really have anything to do with the 'keyword'..

Noticed people tend to do that with 'lolita', 'gothic' and 'steampunk'..It makes searching for decent items extremely difficult..I know the sellers are doing it on purpose too, because if you check out the other stuff they're selling, the descriptions are all similar and the items are all nowhere near fitting the description..
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30315 by Zilknitha
Films with either annoying or stupid titles. Not the niggly ones that are a little bit creapy like \"i know what you did last summer\", but titles like \"Neds\" or \"Snakes on a plane\". I love James Bond films but i find that i have to leave the room as some of the titles come up. \"octopussy\" being the one that got me banished to the outdoors at night in the rain.It's just that so much money is spent on sets and scripts ect ect and yet the one thing that they couldn't spend a bit of time is over a name that won't sound like they raided a bad jokes book. grrr....ah that feels better

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds