Show Navigation Menu

What REALLY annoys you?

More
13 years 3 months ago #29783 by Envy
What REALLY annoys you? was created by Envy
:P Hm. Are we allowed a ranting thread?

Just curious. Something on TV really bugged me just now.

Was wondering - What stuff really annoys you guys?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #29793 by black_magnolia
Sure, don't see a reason why we shouldn't have one.

I probably shouldn't post here now becasue with my exams comming closer I have a very low tolerance threshold and almost anything can annoy me to a steaming point... :angry:
That's not my usual self, becasue I can take a lot of shit without getting all worked up about it, but this one exam is so important that I'm under a lot of pressure and don't have the time to take shit from anybody. Sorry for the language.

Usually what annoys me most are people that come to me with a stupid story in an attempt not to tell the truth. Hell, you can't lie to me as much as I can pretend to believe you. I mostly let such stuff pass if it's not a big deal, but if I confront that person and they keep on trying to think up stuff/blame someone else instead of just telling the truth and apologising, then bye-bye and I hope to never see you again.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29794 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re: What REALLY annoys you?
Just a few things....

Lack of common sense, ignorance, and bigotry.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
13 years 3 months ago #29800 by Night Blossom
Anyone but my wife calling me \"pet\" names like Hun, Dear, Sweety, etc.
Homophobic people.
People who don't use their turn signal >.<
Gender stereotypes.
Animal stereotypes (like x dog is a mean breed. No, it's how they're raised.)
And so on. :S

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #29804 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What REALLY annoys you?
black_magnolia wrote:

Sure, don't see a reason why we shouldn't have one.

I probably shouldn't post here now becasue with my exams comming closer I have a very low tolerance threshold and almost anything can annoy me to a steaming point... :angry:

Oh, I'm in the same place as you. Snapping veeery easily at teeny things lately, hence why I thought a ranting thread seems nice.

What annoyed me the other day was some ill-presented/informed show about shark fin harvesting and the market in China by Gordon Ramsey (the idiot of a chef, who swears like hell, as if people in other countries don't know what he's saying. Of course they do. Swear words are the first things people like to learn in other languages!).

His arrogance astounds me. He went into a shop in London, heard they had shark fins hiding behind the counter, so he went in of his own accord and started searching. He even went to China and basically did the same thing. I don't even know how he came out alive. Should've been shot for his conduct. He trespassed into a warehouse where he saw shark fins drying on the roof, and basically poked around etc.

Being Chinese, I'm particularly annoyed at how he implied through images and voiceovers that the Chinese were hunting sharks, lopping off fins and throwing the bodies back into the ocean. I knew that made no sense because Chinese people pretty much don't waste a thing when it comes to food. Suspicions confirmed when he gave evidence of *Costa Ricans* just harvesting fins and throwing bodies with no evidence against the Chinese for it. Shitty presentations of the Chinese like that only serve to create horrible stereotypes through the media which regular people like me are subject to. I'm not someone who is super-duper-Chinese-and-proud, but I am Chinese and I don't like negative shit like that being put in the media when it's exaggerated/incorrect.

I can't stand how he was so misinformed in his 'evidence' as well. He went down the streets in China and saw tons of shark fin things on sale..Yes, the volume is great and I'm not supporting the whole business, but the stupid man probably didn't even know that practically anything on the street stalls = Fake. Everyone in China knows that. A foreigner who was basing his judgements purely on observation would not. He even tried to argue that on a Chinese dock, there were 'more fins than shark bodies'. Well duh. About 6 fins are harvested per shark? What the bloody hell did he expect? It was like he was trying to find a reason to exaggerate everything just because he's against the market.

..Bloody dumbass..If he was so against shark fin soup, he wouldn't have bloody tried it, let alone deliberately bought the most expensive bowl of shark fin soup..Gaaah. If he seriously thinks stopping the sale of shark fin soup in the UK (which is absolutely tiny) will have ANY effect on the overall fin market, he must be thicker than I took him for. A better way of campaigning would be to get people to eat the flesh of the sharks, so there isn't a waste of a body in Costa Rica etc. and then talk about quotas.

...Rant over. ^.^ I just can't stand the thought of people believing his pathetic 'documentary' on the shark fin industry.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29820 by black_magnolia
Envy, I understand your point totally! When I think of Chinese people and food I think how they would eat anything that they can get their hand on etc. :silly: No offence meant.
I'm surprised nobody is saying bad stuff about the Japanese and their excessive whaling...

The next thing that annoys me every time are people that don't have any manners, none at all! :angry: Add lack of intelligence (because common sense won't save you if you're stupid) to the mix and it gets only more annoying.
I've been waiting in line today for half an hour in a very long line at the library and just a couple of people before it was my turn, two idiots bumped in out of nowhere! When I voiced my annoyance the guy stepped out, but the girl turned all bitchy on me... I just rolled my eyes and tried not to say anything back to her becasue I know it wouldn't have helped with such a person and I didn't want to waste any energy or more nerves on her.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds