Show Navigation Menu

Lunar Eclipse?

More
13 years 3 months ago #28907 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: Lunar Eclipse?
Unfortunately I missed it as well due to cloudy skies. What made this one really special was the fact that it coincided with the winter solstice so it doesn`t happen very often. Too bad most of us missed it . . .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #28913 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Lunar Eclipse?
cemwerewolf wrote:

Unfortunately I missed it as well due to cloudy skies. What made this one really special was the fact that it coincided with the winter solstice so it doesn`t happen very often. Too bad most of us missed it . . .

Yeah, I think that's one of the reasons we would've been able to see this one. It would've been around 7am and the sun would've rose at around 8am.

More
13 years 3 months ago #28932 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Lunar Eclipse?
I planned to stay up and watch it (I think totality was around 3:30 am here), but it was cloudy and raining all night.

I've seen a couple of lunar eclipses before, including one very spectacular one about 6 years ago. That one was on a weekend, and totality was around midnight, so it was no problem to stay up and watch. We had a perfect view of it from our livingroom window, as the moon gradually turned a bloody rusty red colour.

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds