Show Navigation Menu

If you were in charge of your country...

More
13 years 4 months ago #27131 by Kuroboshi
Firstly, may I say that sarcasm is very hard to detect over the internet. (Plus in my post I wasn't referring to your post being vague if that's what you saw, but the explanation is appreciated.)

I've got to wonder though, was one of your meanings implying that his ideals if he ran a country showed an almost power trip? I can half-see that in a statement and would like to be clear.

I knew that Marx's ideals didn't match up to the communism of Lenin and Stalin, though beyond that, I knew little. (The only \"education\" I've had regarding communism was discussing \"Animal Farm\" in English)

However, I agree completely on your remarks regarding a barter system, plus it is pretty interesting to see what Columbus actually did and the whole context. It would seem that if the barter system came back and continued for generations, it could, potentially, cause disputes when a country is used to doing it that way, whilst another is used to doing it another way, although, I don't know if you are actually saying that history is like to repeat itself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #27146 by black_magnolia
History is very likely to repeat itself if people can't learn from it. I wasn't really thinking about it when I was writing the earlier, but you can take it as if I did point that out.
Barter systems only exist in some African tribes (I'm not sure how many similar tribes exist on other continents) and they do survive somehow with some 'isolation'... Ah, I better stop myself here before I go on more about a barter system. It's hard to sustain a pure barter system in a small community, practically not possible in a big territory like the USA...

Regarding a power-trip, hope I understood what you are asking. I'm just implying that a human is firstly concerned with his own good and that someone can't foresee how they will rule a country. It needs a person of immaculate character, to be able to be in a leading position with a lot of responsibilities and without others questioning his decisions, not to become corrupt. Someone may have the best ideals and want the best for his country etc., but it is very questionable how that person will act when you put him in a position of such great power.

I see Knumpcy's ideas as ideas from someone that, in my eyes, has very limited knowledge of economy, politics, law and history, so I can only shake my head when I see them. Only way he could enforce his ideas are literally by force, because I can't see anyone deliberately voting for such anarchy, and thus he could only sustain his position at the head of the country by a strict regime of control and probably terror.

I may be going to far with this, because this is just a theoretical discussion, so theoretically if we imagine that he can make all these changes that he wants (without questioning how), but then there are still the questions how that system would work in the long run etc.? The problem is that is hard to imagine that it would work if we know history and all the stuff I've mentioned above, plus more that I can imagine you can think up yourself without me having to write it all down...
We end up with someone's idea of utopia and no reason to discuss it further because utopia is an ideal community or society possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system; and we know that we can't reach perfection in that ideal meaning, so imagining that everything is possible just for the sake of it makes a discussion pretty boring if not impossible...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29034 by knumpcy
You thought I was daft and what I could and would do if I was in charge of my country, well I just found these...and guess what...those of you think that only a monetary system will only work... guess what, you would be the first to go...Idiots....!

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #29035 by Kuroboshi
Really mature. Calling us idiots. I thought this had been dropped, you it appears though cannot leave something or must resort to petty insults. (Also, this is pretty damn hypocritical of you when you run an online store for a profit, yes, I went there.)

Yes, on a large scale, a monetary system is amongst the best method. Especially when you consider what products we now produce and import from overseas.

Besides, all of that is just theory. On an extremely large scale with the convenience of a moneytary system (as I have highlighted before) it'd be harder to govern.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Kuroboshi.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29054 by black_magnolia
Brainwashed by the internet and trying to brainwash others. Great! LMAO!
Did anyone notice the Russian subtitles? Oh, why would Russians be so interested in such an idea? :silly:
Hasn't anyone literally read Marx, More, Bacon or any other sociologist or philosopher?
I find it pointless to discuss something with someone that refers to Youtube as backup. Hell, why not paste something from the \"Zeitgeist\" movie also, just for good measure? :silly:

Sorry knumpcy, but I can't take you seriously. Thank you for the entertainment, though. :)

Regarding this monetary system tirade, I call it dropped, so please, no more attempts to \"enlighten\" us.

I hope other members didn't get intimidated by the turn of this discussion, so people don't be shy, you're also welcome to post your ideas. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds