Show Navigation Menu

If you were in charge of your country...

More
13 years 5 months ago #26771 by Envy
What changes would you make? (Can be serious or just 'in an ideal world'..I'm not bothered. One of my proposals was to send everyone living on the streets to Australia - So yes - not completely serious!)

:P I always get good laughs out of this at college, mainly because I'm so horrifically 'harsh' in solving problems compared to my colleagues.

So.. If you were the monarch/prime minister/dictator/all-knowing-being of your country, what would you change?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #26785 by black_magnolia
Ah, if I was the all-knowing-and-all-powerful-being of my country I would work on creating some kind of utopia, but I'd be first glad to get into the EU so that we get rid of those tax customs etc. so that I don't have to pay cc 32% of some item's worth which I bought from an other country...
And after fixing my country, why stop there? World domination sounds fun! ;)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:

More
13 years 5 months ago #26787 by King Pete
If I ruled the country, I'd make it law that every time you saw one of the last three prime ministers, you had to throw something at them. that's what you get for being a moron. lol :woohoo:

More
13 years 5 months ago #26826 by knumpcy
Charge every political figure in Washington D.C. with treason and execute them(Seriously).
Legalize all controlled substances.
remove the drinking and tobacco age limits.
remove the monetary system.
shut down the stock market...I do not believe idiots dictating the economy, so forth and so on.
remove the federal reserve.
remove the IRS and charge them and the founders families of the federal reserve with treason.
Lastly for now remove my country from The United Nations.

I do have a huge list that I would do but I may receive a visit from those lovely men (and women)in black.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #26827 by Kuroboshi
Good luck having the country run without a monetary system. We'd see how quickly they'd kick you out due to having a lack of trade and such, I can assure you that America couldn't produce everything that is needed to sustain itself.

If I were in charge? Well, I'd avoid any insane propositions and try to keep it reasonable...

Higher restrictions on the benefit system. Don't want to work? Then you're not getting any money, good luck living on the streets.

Of course, I'm not talking about completely scrapping it, however, I'd have them working within their communities to keep things clean and such, maybe lowering what they actually get at the moment so it'd be beneficial for them to get an actual job rather than cleaning up their communities to get enough to survive on, if it's discovered they're not doing their job? They lose it all.

When it comes to disability benefits, tighter restrictions. I'm talking about physical examinations every 4 months/once a year in order to confirm they are actually disabled, I've heard stories of those being able to work but choosing not to and claiming disability.

Regarding prisons, I'd have those put in for charges involving paedophilia in amongst the rest of the prisoners. Even if no-one told the others what they were in for, these things have a way of being discovered.

EDIT: All that being said, it'd be nice if I could send all serious criminals to an island somewhere. Probably with patrols around it to prevent escape and giving them basic tools to survive, but other than that, they wouldn't be considered citizens of the country any more.

Another EDIT: Further regarding Knumpcy's post...

When you say all controlled substances, do you include potentially dangerous ones such as PCP? (I could probably address most points there, however, I feel the ones I have already done so are the most important)
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Kuroboshi.

More
13 years 5 months ago #26841 by Envy
Ooh. Funny thing is - I would seriously scrap benefits.

In China, people are motivated to work hard, aim for the top and be competitive because you don't have things like benefits. If you don't do well - You're on the streets, and probably will be kidnapped by the Chinese mafia and have your limbs cut off and then be put back out on the streets to beg for money - Which the mafia will come and collect before sending you back out.

:blink: I'm not joking.

Wealth is something that can be passed on. If you and your family are responsible and work hard, you'll be able to sustain yourself. If not. Well. Natural selection. :pinch:

Uhhm..As for prisons. Well. I'd follow the policy of people suffering what they've done to others. An eye for an eye. ;)

And uhh..Regarding removal of alcohol and tobacco limits = Agree! It's been shown to benefit countries because use of alcohol and tobacco is no longer seen as rebellious by children so there's less incentive to start.

Supposedly.

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds