Show Navigation Menu

Opinions on art and the \"art world\"

More
13 years 5 months ago #26773 by knumpcy
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

Madam_Mim wrote:

iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

I'm a huge fan of art (both my mum and I have created various pieces between us over the years), but I do not think \"modern art\" is art at all. A canvas with merely a few lines or blobs of paint, is not artistic.

Just to get a few concepts straight, Modern Art refers to artistic works produced during the period extending roughly from the 1860s to the 1970s. More recent artistic production is often called Contemporary art or Postmodern art.

So to say that Modern Art is not art, it is like saying that Picasso, van Gogh, Cézanne, Gauguin, Seurat and Toulouse Lautrec are not artists ........................ And we can hardly disagree that they are great artists in their own way. :kiss:

My concept of modern art must be different to yours because, to put it bluntly, 1: I adore van Gogh (and i do not classify his art as modern) and 2: I care little for what period a piece was created in, I only care that a piece speaks to me.

I agree...

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds