Show Navigation Menu

Gifts.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24130 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Gifts.
Envy wrote:

I love shopping, yes, but finding things for people when there's a deadline of a birthday or something really puts me under pressure, especially when I can't think or find anything that would suit them. I find the gifts I'm most proud of are ones I find throughout the year. Sometimes, I can buy a birthday or Christmas gift 6 months in advance or so, if I'm around in town and I find something that I know the person will love.

Oh, I feel the same! I also don't like such deadlines but for some people I find buying gifts so hard that if there wasn't such a deadline I would never come round to buying something. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24144 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Gifts.
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

I love shopping, yes, but finding things for people when there's a deadline of a birthday or something really puts me under pressure, especially when I can't think or find anything that would suit them. I find the gifts I'm most proud of are ones I find throughout the year. Sometimes, I can buy a birthday or Christmas gift 6 months in advance or so, if I'm around in town and I find something that I know the person will love.

Oh, I feel the same! I also don't like such deadlines but for some people I find buying gifts so hard that if there wasn't such a deadline I would never come round to buying something. :silly:

Haha, that's an interesting point.

A friend of mine came online for the first time in ages on MSN and we were both reminded that I still have a birthday present to give her for her 2009 birthday and vice versa! Argh. It just really makes me realise how long I haven't had the chance to see her. We're always both so busy. There's a second friend whom I'm also in the same situation with. I have her birthday present for her 2009 birthday and vice versa, but again, no time to see each other!

:( It makes me feel quite low.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25561 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Gifts.
Thought I might as well bump this up a bit, seeing as there have been 5+ birthdays in my college this week.

Was completely stuck for ideas on what to give two friends of mine. Lacked time too. I decided to write two cards and stated inside I've given 'the gift of choice', i.e. a tenner to each.

Not sure whether I should be kicking myself or hiding my face.

My father's birthday is also today - Decided to get him a fishtank (we'll choose the fish later). The issue is that we bought it on eBay and had to tell him he has to drive and pick it up himself on the weekend, hence no fish chosen yet.

:blink: Pretty unorganised with birthdays this year..

It'll be nice to go out and be able to choose what fish we want though..Angelfish might be nice..

More
13 years 6 months ago #25571 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Gifts.
Envy wrote:

Thought I might as well bump this up a bit, seeing as there have been 5+ birthdays in my college this week.

Was completely stuck for ideas on what to give two friends of mine. Lacked time too. I decided to write two cards and stated inside I've given 'the gift of choice', i.e. a tenner to each.

Not sure whether I should be kicking myself or hiding my face.

My father's birthday is also today - Decided to get him a fishtank (we'll choose the fish later). The issue is that we bought it on eBay and had to tell him he has to drive and pick it up himself on the weekend, hence no fish chosen yet.

:blink: Pretty unorganised with birthdays this year..

It'll be nice to go out and be able to choose what fish we want though..Angelfish might be nice..

Money these days ends up as the best gift you can make.
I've just yesterday talked about wedding gifts with a friend and it just ends up with giving money. Who needs 10 mixers? :silly:

btw. Get Angelfish only if you have a big tank (at least 200 litres and 60-70cm high) because those get really big! Quite the little monsters. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
1 year 7 months ago #45785 by Jacob_Evans
Replied by Jacob_Evans on topic Gifts.
I really like giving unique pendants from Patti Negri that’s infused with good energy to protect my close friends. It looks really sleek and stylish and there are other interesting products on her website too that could work as interesting gifts!

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds