Show Navigation Menu

Gifts.

More
13 years 7 months ago #23824 by Envy
Gifts. was created by Envy
Not sure if there is a thread like this already, but I searched up 'gifts' and no similar thread came up.

^.^ Being in the US with aunties I haven't seen in 7 years, naturally, a swapping of gifts was in order. I received something which looks like a very real cake, but is actually a very craftily folded towel placed in a container. We, in turn, gave chocolates. :P I noticed it's almost always sugary things that we exchange.

Anyway, I was wondering:

What are your favourite gifts from others? What type of occasions do you buy gifts? Who in your family is the hardest person to buy for? Any gift ideas to share with us? Have you ever given a gift to someone that you're quite proud of for whatever reason? Do you give gifts because you feel you need to, i.e. for a birthday, souvenirs from when you're on holiday etc.

I could go on and on with my questions. :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #23828 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re:Gifts.
...well, since you brought up gifts, help me out a little...

November 28th is slowly making its way towards us all...

November 28th is my mommy's birthday :kiss:

November 28th is ALSO the date I got hit by the S.U.V. in 2009 :S

so, what gift could POSSIBLY take a mother's mind off the fact she da** near lost her only child :unsure:

Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by StephenG.

More
13 years 7 months ago #23834 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Gifts.
Spa package! :laugh:

It may not take her mind off that tragic event but it could help to take thew edge off. My sister and I have gotten into the habit of sending my mom to the spaw at least once a year as she is the type of person who can literally make herself sick from worry. A little pampering now and then tends to mellow her out a bit. Plus, the gift of a spa trip kind of says, \"You're so wonderful you deserve to be pampered!\"

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #23837 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Gifts.
I agree with cemwerewolf! A spa package is a wonderful idea! :)
I would give that to my mom too, but she's always very busy around her b-day, that usually her gift comes down to a bouquet of roses and a card. My mom is very simple, any sign of remembering her b-day is enough for her. I've bought her other stuff as gifts, but flowers seem to make her most happy, so I stick with them. :silly:

Envy wrote:

What are your favourite gifts from others? What type of occasions do you buy gifts? Who in your family is the hardest person to buy for? Any gift ideas to share with us? Have you ever given a gift to someone that you're quite proud of for whatever reason? Do you give gifts because you feel you need to, i.e. for a birthday, souvenirs from when you're on holiday etc.

So far my favourite gifts from others were a plushie and a perfume. I only get gifts for my birthday (can't remember getting anything for any other reason), which is fine with me, but I'm bothered with thoughtless gifts - they leave me feeling worse then if I didn't get anything.
My sister is the hardest person to buy a gift for. I usually just ask her what she wants. In the end, she uses the stuff I buy for her without asking more then the stuff she asked for. XD
I sometimes give gifts because I feel I need to, but mostly I like to give them to make people happy. I think everyone likes to get a gift from time to time. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 7 months ago #23843 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Gifts.
I exchange gifts with my husband and mother at Christmas, but that's it. I'm not really close to the rest of my family, so we just send Christmas cards, and emails for birthdays. My husband and I sometimes get each other birthday gifts too, but not always. My favourite gifts to receive would be jewellery (especially Alchemy!), or perfume.

My mom is darn near impossible to buy for! If there's something that she doesn't already have, it's because she doesn't want it. She doesn't wear jewellery or perfume, or like scented candles, lotions, etc., like most mothers. Luckily she does like chocolates, so that's what I usually end up getting for her. I've also been donating to a local animal shelter, in her name, as her Christmas present for the last few years.

StephenG, do you live near to your mom? The spa idea is great, if she's that type of person. If not, maybe you could take her out for the day. Go for dinner, a movie, walk in the park... whatever she likes to do. After last year, she'd probably just love to spend time with you.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #23845 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Gifts.
I don't usually buy gifts normally because it ends with me in a state of indecisiveness leaving me unable to get anything. Though I have to say my preference for gifts changes often. At the moment I'd probably say I prefer to get books/movies.

Also, StephenG, I'd agree with Morgana, spend the day with your mother. I'm sure after last year she'd be happy to just know you are okay.

Although I'd never say I give gifts because I feel I have to. It's more or less because I want to.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Kuroboshi.

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds