Show Navigation Menu

Compliments.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22561 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Compliments.
Envy wrote:

:) Hmm yes, I think I need to build up my confidence more. I was in London again today and saw people who were clearly busy and not approachable, but were very much complimentable. Then thought occurred to me - Even if they had been free to compliment, my very short height in comparison would make me all the more difficult to notice and hear.

:S

Don't think about your hight as a problem, a couple of my friends are in the \"pocket-size\" department, as I lovingly tease them :silly:, and they are very hard not to notice because they have the right attitude about it. Just feel confidant about yourself and you won't get looked over. One of my high-school classmates is the same hight as me (ergo tall) and nobody noticed her because she was always the quiet reserved person who just couldn't bring up the courage or the attitude to get noticed. So it's not all about hight, but let's say, body language and how you feel about yourself. If you feel ok, people will notice you, if you are afraid to step up to them then it will probably go bad, but mind you, being a little bit afraid is normal and good. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22621 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Compliments.
If I see someone who is wearing something interesting, I might comment to them about it, but it all depends on the situation (how approachable they seem, whether I feel like talking, etc). I've gotten lots of comments on my Alchemy jewelry, tattoos, my car, etc. Sometimes it's obviously a pick-up line, but more often than not it seems like genuine appreciation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #22813 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Compliments.
Saying \"You look hot in that outfit\" is very different from, \"I really love your outfit\". One is a come-on, one is a compliment. I often comment about what people I meet in public are wearing, or how their hair is, or an unusual makeup (cool nail polish, unusual colors or styles, etc.). It really makes me happy when someone says something nice about what I am wearing, and I am beyond assuming that everyone who says something nice to me is trying to get my clothes off. ;)

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 7 months ago #23905 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Compliments.
:P I found I received a lot more compliments whilst in the US. Americans are very talkative! It's hard not to get into a conversation. It's very strange - People back home now seem very hostile in comparison.

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds