Show Navigation Menu

Your Creativity

More
9 years 10 months ago #39897 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Your Creativity
That's a good theory. I'd just add that it's not only about emptying your mind, but you have to do it with the intent to focus that released energy (which you aren't now using to feed your regular mind clutter) into creativeness.

If you just completely empty your mind, you will just have that - an empty mind; which has it's positive side as it gives you time to relax and rejuvenate, but it won't propel you into some creative ideas if you don't have that intent to steer your mind in that direction.

An empty mind can be a starting point to many things and experiences, and it does take practice too.
The more you practice meditation, the easier it will be for you to get into that mind state and remain in it.
There are many forms of meditation, I'd group them into static, active and verbal. (Static - no movment involved; active - a series of repetitive movements; verbal - mantras & co.)

On a spiritual note, you want to take care that your shields are up when you empty your mind.
You don't want negative things to latch onto you and mess around with you. Also, for personal reasons, you may want to be left completely alone and won't want positive entities to visit you either - that's ok too.
I usually stay open for my personal spirit guides and guardians, but put a barrier up for all the rest, naturally with the exception if I'm using meditation to contact something specific...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #39899 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re: Your Creativity
Interesting. See, in the near future, I want to practice with meditation again but with different techniques than I did as a teenager. Static methods were predominately my choice at the time but always felt like I didn't know what I was doing and clearing my mind was nigh impossible. I'm thinking, perhaps now I've got a little more discipline over my body and mind and this might help me to meditate. My end goal is to induce creativity in my brain as well as to rid myself of cluttered thoughts so energy focused in that direction sounds like the right idea. I'm interested in testing out Alan Watt's meditation techniques.

Meaning comes from within.

More
9 years 8 months ago #39918 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: Your Creativity
I try to relax / meditate by making jewelry (mostly steampunk).
I just made these 14mm wood plugs for a friend of mine.

More
9 years 8 months ago #39919 by iHauntTheSepulchre
They look pretty cool!

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
9 years 8 months ago #39920 by black_magnolia
wow, those look awesome, Madam Mim! :)

And eternity in an hour.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 1 month ago #39957 by black_magnolia
My old simple hematite bracelet broke ages ago and I finally took the beads and made them into a new bracelet using a wrap technique. I messed up the wrap in two places, but it's not too noticeable when you wear it. Maybe one day I'll re-wrap it a bit neater. :silly:

And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds