Show Navigation Menu

Your Creativity

More
12 years 7 months ago #35259 by janelle hell
Replied by janelle hell on topic Re: Your Creativity
black_magnolia: Thanks; I had fun making them! It's like crayoning coloring book pages with icing :lol:

Envy: Thanks! You're right...it's to be a \"display cake\" as opposed to the entry division of \"edible cake\", which would be judged on taste rather than on decorations. The Color Flow takes a long time to dry, especially the larger pieces as these Ponies are, so they need to be started early on to get them dried/overpiped with the royal icing in time to assemble the cake. The little balloons are from a cake decorating supply shop that I get most of my decorating stuff from. It's awesome...a whole store filled with tiny plastic decorations & other cute things. Last year for Halloween, they had some monster decorations made of sugar: They also had some bats. I love that store!

Dark Flights: Thanks! The evil pony/unicorn tattoo flash that you drew is SO COOL! Especially the one with the decapitated pony head :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35260 by DarkFlights
Replied by DarkFlights on topic Re: Your Creativity
You know, I had no idea you could make cakes purely for looks, although thinking on it for a minute, I can understand - I've seen some incredible wedding cakes, the artistry is amazing. It's a skill and a craft all in itself.

I'm beginning to wonder why everyone's becoming obsessed with MLP, I didn't even know they'd made new series until a couple of months ago - I remember the old series, and even had some of the original toys (sadly they got binned years ago).

More
12 years 7 months ago #35270 by janelle hell
Oh, that's just the division in the fair entries...cakes meant to be eaten by the judges & judged according to taste, and cakes not meant to be eaten & judged solely on decorations. When I make cakes for myself/friends/family, I make them taste good as well as look good, but for the fair, it's one or the other :silly: Though I will agree and say that some of the prettiest cakes (like at weddings) I've tasted may as well have been made from styrofoam :S

I've never even seen the new MLP show...I've loved them since I was a kid in the 80s. It's cool & all that there's a new series, I guess, but I like the 80s style Ponies better. I have a whole shelf of them that I've collected & put on display :woohoo:

More
12 years 7 months ago #35276 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Your Creativity
DarkFlights wrote:

Last one;

Love this!

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 7 months ago #35277 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Your Creativity
janelle hell wrote:

The little balloons are from a cake decorating supply shop that I get most of my decorating stuff from. It's awesome...a whole store filled with tiny plastic decorations & other cute things. Last year for Halloween, they had some monster decorations made of sugar:

They also had some bats. I love that store!

Very jealous! I don't know any such shops around here. I'd live in one if I found one though, so probably best there was none! :woohoo:

More
12 years 7 months ago #35293 by janelle hell
Envy wrote:

janelle hell wrote:

The little balloons are from a cake decorating supply shop that I get most of my decorating stuff from. It's awesome...a whole store filled with tiny plastic decorations & other cute things. Last year for Halloween, they had some monster decorations made of sugar:

They also had some bats. I love that store!

Very jealous! I don't know any such shops around here. I'd live in one if I found one though, so probably best there was none! :woohoo:

Whenever I shop there, I always think: \"It's a good thing that pretty much everything here is between 25 cents and five dollars, otherwise I'd end up having to live outdoors and eat at the homeless shelter, what with how much stuff I buy here!\" lol :woohoo: Seriously, I could probably spend a whole day there, just looking at all the stuff. And they get new things in all the time.

Time to create page: 0.317 seconds