Show Navigation Menu

If you had to...

More
13 years 2 months ago #30332 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: If you had to...
Envy wrote:

:P I find it strange how everyone chooses to bring *so much* of civilisation with them. I would probably bring a few items..Possibly music, books, but definately the instruments I can play..And possibly a parasol if it's a sunny place.

I'd want to see what things are like without 'civilisation' all around me. Don't you ever get curious about what things would be like if there was no school, no work..None of that?

I'd love to know what life would be like without work! I think I'd prefer the \"win the lottery\" option though, as opposed to being stranded somewhere. I like to walk in the woods, or go to the beach when it's foggy and deserted, but beyond that I'm really not much of an outdoorsy type of person.

A friend of mine has a sleeping bag that's good up to -25 degrees Celsius... sounds absolutely dreadful to me, to be camping in that type of weather!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #30427 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: If you had to...
Morgana wrote:

I'd love to know what life would be like without work! I think I'd prefer the \"win the lottery\" option though, as opposed to being stranded somewhere. I like to walk in the woods, or go to the beach when it's foggy and deserted, but beyond that I'm really not much of an outdoorsy type of person.

A friend of mine has a sleeping bag that's good up to -25 degrees Celsius... sounds absolutely dreadful to me, to be camping in that type of weather!

But islands have woods and beaches too! I've gone to many coastlines where there are cliffs which have thick woodland on the top with woodland pathways, and if you poke your head through the thick bushes on the edge of the path, you can see the beach and the sea.

:woohoo: Though I guess it would depend on the climate of the island-to-be-stranded-on as to how comfy it'd be. I'm not a sun-loving person myself (which is why I love Wales so much).

I've never been camping and I don't plan on doing so! Not because of the lack of home comforts/technology, but just because. Well. A tent/sleeping bag is a pretty uncomfortable place to live and sleep in, so I wouldn't consider that a 'real' holiday.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30481 by Morgana
Envy wrote:

I've never been camping and I don't plan on doing so! Not because of the lack of home comforts/technology, but just because. Well. A tent/sleeping bag is a pretty uncomfortable place to live and sleep in, so I wouldn't consider that a 'real' holiday.

I agree! My idea of \"roughing it\" is a hotel without room service!

More
13 years 2 months ago #30502 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: If you had to...
Morgana wrote:

Envy wrote:

I agree! My idea of \"roughing it\" is a hotel without room service!

Hah! :laugh: I've only ever used room service once and that was on the cruise I went on last summer, because it was all pre-paid, hehe.

Curious about this dependence on room service that I hear about a lot - What exactly do you all order? :blink: We only called for it that time because we'd ran out of towels etc.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #30601 by Morgana
It's been so long since I've been anywhere that involved staying in a hotel... I really need a proper vacation soon!

I did use room service once when I was on a work-related trip, mostly just for food since they were paying my meals/expenses anyway. It does add up pretty quickly, so I wouldn't recommend it if you're paying the bill yourself. Nice to have the option though.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Morgana.

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds