Show Navigation Menu

Art.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24011 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Art.
Abstract art is in no figurative. The term \"figurative\"(representational) means: Who represents something.

Unless in your countries, the curriculum of art history is really different than I followed the abstract art is not representational.

Or they are the translation problem ...

Mes hommages.

T.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24023 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Art.
Thurysaz, it seems that you may have interpreted Black_Magnolia's post incorrectly.

\"Since the arrival of abstract art the term figurative has been used to refer to any form of modern art that retains strong references to the real world. Painting and sculpture can therefore be divided into the categories of figurative, representational and abstract, although, strictly speaking, abstract art is derived (or abstracted) from a figurative or other natural source; therefore also just a slight abstraction as elongating the legs of the horse and elephants in Dali's 'Temptation of St. Anthony' is enough to make it abstract art...\"

I am assuming you refer to that paragraph.

I myself interpret this as meaning that Abstract art more or less starts with something real (hence: derived) or if you will, a source which when normally painted would be considered figurative art.

She then goes on to say that parts of it are modified to make it unrealistic (unrealistic proportions) such as her example of the horse with elongated legs being considered abstract.

As a summary? Abstract art can start as something figurative, however, proportions can be changed and it would be considered abstract.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #24034 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Art.
Photo of a horse:

\"Whistlejacket\" by George Stubbs, 1762 - example for figurative art:

\"Rearing Horse\" by Leyla Munteanu - example for abstract art:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24035 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Art.
Ooh..I love \"Rearing Horse\" by Leyla Munteanu. The colours are so pretty..Reminds me of a stained glass window. The way the shades of colour are done..

More
13 years 7 months ago #24771 by ondespumeggianti
Replied by ondespumeggianti on topic Re:Art.
i love those horses!!!:)
them are really nice!XD
..i love both

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds