Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
13 years 11 months ago #19801 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:What's in the news?
Hehehehe those are some interesting news, all we have here are murders and roberies so I have stopped watching and then gradually reading the news...really don't wanna get depressed, but this is something worth reading ;)

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #19851 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:What's in the news?
I always seek out the fun/strange news. I hear enough about bad things happening, so there isn't much cheerful on anyone's news. But there are funny things that happen in the world. I make sure I know about them. I also subscribe to an entertaining list called This is True, which takes real news stories about really stupid people, or people who do stupid things. Like criminals who leave their ID at a crime scene, or people who show up to the courhouse in a stolen car, things like that. I love that site, and have been getting the weekly email for YEARS. It is a good laugh.

www.thisistrue.com

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #19860 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:What's in the news?
Aha! That happened when I was at work experience with a criminal law section of a firm..

One of the clients said he couldn't get to the magistrates court here where his trial was and claimed he'd steal a car to get here.

The solicitor thought he was joking and ignored it..Until he actually stole a car and was followed by the police all the way to the court. :woohoo:

We get a lot of murders etc. in the news, but I can always find something to brighten up my day or make me think. :P I don't hear news from abroad though, apart from on satire shows, so I thought it'd be a chance for us all to share on this thread.

^.^

I had a look on my local news site today and was pleasantly amused. The first thing I was met with was a huge picture of naked rear ends and the title:

\"Hundreds of volunteers have stripped naked for a public photo shoot marking the 10th anniversary of the Lowry art gallery in Salford.\"

Well. Aren't they lucky the weather's nice. :laugh: I'd never volunteer for something like that personally so - They sure have guts.

Found some incredible news on the BBC site as well.

\"2,500-year-old bird's nest found\"

\"A 2,500-year-old bird's nest has been discovered on a cliff in Greenland.

The nesting site is still continually used by gyrfalcons, the world's largest species of falcon, and is the oldest raptor nest ever recorded.

Three other nests, each over 1,000 years old, have also been found, one of which contains feathers from a bird that lived more than 600 years ago.\"

Supposedly, 'Noah's Ark' has also been 'found' in Turkey, but I can't find the news article on it. :huh:
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21370 by Envy
:S Founds some scary stuff in the news today..And some stuff you all may be interested in.

\"A solicitor has been jailed for life with a minimum term of 29 years for hiring a hit man...\"

^ Thought I'd throw that in as that's scary to me anyway, simply because I could've easily ended up at work experience there. It's also a pretty silly thing to do, for a solicitor..

\"The Great Exhibition\" - Steampunks in London.

^ You may be interested in that if you're in the UK and into steampunk things. If you research it, you'll probably find out more information for next year's exhibition. I haven't found anything about an exhibition next year so far, but I haven't really researched thoroughly.

And along the topic of steampunk things, I found this today, which you may be interested in. It's a steampunk jeweller.

Steampunk accessories.

Enjoy! ^.^

More
13 years 10 months ago #21397 by black_magnolia
The only interesting thing I saw in the news was that a British viscountess? (can't recall the exact title) was cough accepting bribes and that the Queen wasn't pleased at all hearing this and generally that it made a lot of news in Britain.
The only other stuff that I can recall from the news is how yesterday a blind woman was hit by the tram, she survived but got a big blow to the head and was transported to the hospital...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21409 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

The only interesting thing I saw in the news was that a British viscountess? (can't recall the exact title) was cough accepting bribes and that the Queen wasn't pleased at all hearing this and generally that it made a lot of news in Britain.
The only other stuff that I can recall from the news is how yesterday a blind woman was hit by the tram, she survived but got a big blow to the head and was transported to the hospital...

Oh, that reminds me of a story in the news!

Baby hit by train and survives.

Basically, a grandmother was looking after her grandchild, when the push-chair rolled off a train platform and was hit by an oncoming train.

Very very lucky escape.

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds