Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #31798 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
Yeah..

On top of all the government cuts in this country, everything seems to be going down the drain..Well. That's the impression we get from our news anyway.

At this rate, *the world as we know it* will definately have disappeared by 2012 eh? Maybe the Mayans were right! :blink:
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Envy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31801 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

At this rate, *the world as we know it* will definately have disappeared by 2012 eh? Maybe the Mayans were right! :blink:

My thoughts exactly! :(

I've been watching both the German and the Croatian news (would also watch some British ones if I had the channels). Somehow I prefer the German ones becasue I don't have to watch all the local stuff here which is just getting annoying with all these protesters and current government being a bunch of idiots... Can't wait for the elections so that those idiots are finally voted out of office. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31802 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

My thoughts exactly! :(

I've been watching both the German and the Croatian news (would also watch some British ones if I had the channels). Somehow I prefer the German ones becasue I don't have to watch all the local stuff here which is just getting annoying with all these protesters and current government being a bunch of idiots... Can't wait for the elections so that those idiots are finally voted out of office. :silly:

Oh..Lucky for you if the elections are soon.

It'll be a while until we can kick the idiots we have in government out, seeing as they only just got in. :huh: Everytime I look at the news I'm reminded of how students are expected to pay back double what they borrow out for their university courses now, because of the new government. It makes me not want to apply for student finance even though I have to. I just don't want to put my name down for 40k debt and overall 80k required for me to pay back throughout my life..

The new government's also cut tons of budgets for councils here. Grr. It's obvious what they're doing. Reducing the overall money sectors in this country have and leaving the decision of *where* to cut things to other people so that the blame isn't so much on them..

More
13 years 1 month ago #31805 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: What's in the news?
Bit of good news, Tonights full moon is the closest the moon has been to earth since 1993! Everyone's calling it the \"Super Moon\". AND tomorrow is the spring solstice. Myself and the other lunatics will be out in force, join us or run (:

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #31816 by Envy
nwbevk wrote:

Bit of good news, Tonights full moon is the closest the moon has been to earth since 1993! Everyone's calling it the \"Super Moon\". AND tomorrow is the spring solstice. Myself and the other lunatics will be out in force, join us or run (:

That explains it!

It wasn't in our news, but my mum and my brother (who loves looking at the skies and stars with his mega-huge binoculars built for stargazing) ran into the house telling everyone that the moon was so bright that it hurt to look at.

By the time my dad and I went to look, the clouds were obscuring the moon a bit.

:P Hehe. I told my parents that news anyway. ^.^ Wow! I thought my mum and my brother were just being their usual strange selves and that the moon wasn't any bigger than normal.

Although that does make me wonder - I did watch a program on TV before about the moon, and it posed the question of 'what would happen if the moon was closer or further away?'..It turns out it makes a lot of difference. If the moon really is this close, then maybe that makes the effects of tides etc. worse? Which is pretty bad timing with all these earthquakes/tsunamis.

A lot of us over here predict that California will be the next place that earthquakes strike, seeing as they're on the same plate as NZ and Japan..Plus apparently, there's a volcano in Yellowstone that's well overdue for eruption, which would just be the cherry on the cake for such an erratic year so far.

:S
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Envy.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31824 by black_magnolia
I knew that about the moon already weeks in advance. Some tabloids were pumping it up as if there will be some major apocalypse. :S Fortunately I bought a eye mask for sleeping so I wasn't that bothered with all the light. I know an eye mask is quite cheesy, but I have a hard time falling asleep if it's not pitch black and I've tried everything else.

I hope Gaddafi is just making empty threats with all that speech about attacking the whole Mediterranean in revenge... I hope the situation in Libya is sorted out soon, becasue that's at least something that can be sorted out a lot easier then the chaos that the Japanese tsunami left behind. :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds