Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
13 years 9 months ago #21429 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Oh, that reminds me of a story in the news!

Baby hit by train and survives.

Basically, a grandmother was looking after her grandchild, when the push-chair rolled off a train platform and was hit by an oncoming train.

Very very lucky escape.

I saw that one too! There was a similar story two years ago, I think also on the same train station, if I'm not mistaken.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #21440 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:What's in the news?
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Oh, that reminds me of a story in the news!

Baby hit by train and survives.

Basically, a grandmother was looking after her grandchild, when the push-chair rolled off a train platform and was hit by an oncoming train.

Very very lucky escape.

I saw that one too! There was a similar story two years ago, I think also on the same train station, if I'm not mistaken.

Yup. Same train station two years ago. Alarm bells should be ringing at this stage.

:woohoo: Bad time to be reminded of that..But whenever I hear 'alarm bells'...

More
13 years 9 months ago #21768 by black_magnolia
One of the reasons I miss watching tv is because of the news. I don't have any idea what is happening in the world and I hate browsing news on the net, I prefer newspapers or tv broadcasts. Yesterday I saw a lot of police on the main square, something happened and I was very curious what happened but I though it would be lame to call my sister and ask her to watch the news and then retell me, even lamer to go to the policeman and ask... :S

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #21770 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

One of the reasons I miss watching tv is because of the news. I don't have any idea what is happening in the world and I hate browsing news on the net, I prefer newspapers or tv broadcasts. Yesterday I saw a lot of police on the main square, something happened and I was very curious what happened but I though it would be lame to call my sister and ask her to watch the news and then retell me, even lamer to go to the policeman and ask... :S

Ouch! I couldn't imagine not having a TV for the news and documentaries..I just have a need to know things that are going on - Particularly as a lot of it fits in with two of my current courses so it's all extra knowledge which I could possibly use, at least in lessons if not the actual exams.

The news around here has been pretty depressing lately, so I haven't wanted to post it up. One case which shocked pretty much all of G.B. was this taxi guy who randomly went shooting and killed 10-12 people and injured..25 others? I think.

It was something like that. The area he went wild in is really small and closely-knit as well. I happen to know a few there and they know people who've died etc.

They don't have the best of luck. Not long ago, that same area was hit by heavy floods and water reached the first floor windows of high street shops.

Edit: You might enjoy reading this.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7702913.stm
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 8 months ago #23325 by black_magnolia
This has been on the news for a couple of days. The Israeli government wasn't at all pleased with the video...

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 8 months ago #23328 by Envy
:woohoo: Oh! Oh that made me laugh so much! Despite disagreeing with the idea of 'Israeli troops', their role versus Palestinians and the whole creation of Israel in general. I bet their government wasn't pleased, haha! But it's good to see some people enjoying their jobs.

I can almost certainly bet that all of you have heard the recent news about France 'banning the burka'? Any opinions on that?

Personally I swear it's against human rights, but the damned thing has been worded so specifically..Either way, it restricts people from the freedom to express their religion, does it not?

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds