Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
13 years 11 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #19697 by Envy
What's in the news? was created by Envy
I don't know if this will work, but - I enjoy reading the news everyday and without doubt, there's always a story that amuses me. I thought we could all share interesting stories we've seen in the news recently.

^.^ Yesterday I saw this fight in the Ukrainian Parliament - The guy who whips out his umbrella just makes my day. We had better coverage on the BBC to the tune of \"Singing in the Rain\", but this YT vid. will have to suffice. :P

Just a few seconds ago, I also found out that Gordon Brown, the Labour candidate in the UK/current PM was caught slagging off a poor 65 year old woman (he left his mic. on).

And finally - Amanda Holden now looks like a fish. :( I liked how she looked before something strange happened...

Ah well. I hope that gave you all something to think/giggle about. ^.^
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #19701 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:What's in the news?
There was a dog causing a huge traffic tie-up in Chicago this morning. It was running loose on the Eisenhower experessway into the the city. Caused problems for like 30 minutes before running off.

reminds me of a story a few years ago here in the DC area, where there were a flock of goats living in a grassy area on the Washington Beltway (the major highway surrounding Washington, D.C.). Nobody knew how they got there, and they were sort of an urban legend, except they were actually there!!!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 10 months ago #19736 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:What's in the news?
scootiebee wrote:

There was a dog causing a huge traffic tie-up in Chicago this morning. It was running loose on the Eisenhower experessway into the the city. Caused problems for like 30 minutes before running off.

reminds me of a story a few years ago here in the DC area, where there were a flock of goats living in a grassy area on the Washington Beltway (the major highway surrounding Washington, D.C.). Nobody knew how they got there, and they were sort of an urban legend, except they were actually there!!!

:laugh: We've had a few people pull publicity stunts around here with animals..

There's a lot of old laws that haven't been removed/amended, and one of them was something like..Farmers have the right to herd geese/sheep through the city centre, so some people have gone and done it.

Today - I found out that there's a guy called 'Cap'n Tom' who's a parliamentary candidate standing for election in May. :woohoo: He \"wants to be the first pirate in parliament\". I think it's a great idea. These are some of his policies (taken from the BBC website):

\"While the main political parties have clashed over the economic recovery and electoral reform, Cap'n Tom is hoping his pledge to scrap tax on rum will help him become the first pirate elected to parliament.

Unorthodox it may be, but Cap'n Tom's manifesto has helped him to win almost 5,000 supporters on the social networking site Facebook, along with nearly 2,000 followers on Twitter.

His other policies include training schoolchildren in \"swordsmanship and gunnery\", and fixing broken Britain by handing out free rolls of duct tape.\"

More
13 years 10 months ago #19741 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Just a few seconds ago, I also found out that Gordon Brown, the Labour candidate in the UK/current PM was caught slagging off a poor 65 year old woman (he left his mic. on).

Our news are also reporting about Gordon Brown and they added a part with our politicians making the same mistake with a turned on mic thus embarrassing themselves. lol

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #19757 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:What's in the news?
black_magnolia wrote:

Our news are also reporting about Gordon Brown and they added a part with our politicians making the same mistake with a turned on mic thus embarrassing themselves. lol

:P Haha..It's such a bad mistake to make. He was already in a bad position. I thought his public profile couldn't get any worse - how wrong I was.

I found out that there's actually an industry that 'restores virginity' by reconnecting the hymen inside women..

:blink:

More
13 years 10 months ago #19758 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:What's in the news?
I have heard about the \"virginity restoration\" surgery. How awful! I mean, going through surgery, waiting months to recover, to have a painful experience. Really people?

Anyway, they caught the expressway dog today, running on the same freeway this morning.

And there is a farmer near my house who crosses his cattle back and forth across the main road twice a day, and times it so that it inconveniences the most number of school buses possible. He is protesting a zoning law that prevented him from selling half his property. So he has gone out of his way to inconvenience all the people who would otherwise probably have supported him. Silly.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds