Show Navigation Menu

Crafts and handmade items.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26088 by MITommy
I made candles, soaps and stuff like that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26105 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

:huh: Anyone know how to clean wild bird feathers without completely ruining them?

Check these links:
reviews.ebay.com/Care-of-Feathers_W0QQug...GD:CAT:-1:LISTINGS:1
www.howtocleanstuff.net/people-and-pets/...w-to-clean-feathers/

I personally don't have experience with cleaning feathers, but I hope those links help.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26106 by vampirelycanthrope13
I make jewellery, such as my current favourite, which is a bracelet made of three guitar picks side by side, and the guitar picks are in the shape of dracula, with the wolfman on one side, and frankenstiein's monster on the other. I also made a series of necklaces with some of these fun guitar picks too.
I really want to use some of the algoth holographic ones (especially the werewolf one) but haven't got round to finding/ordering them yet!

I also knit, i'm still learning though, but have accomplished a bat pattern, and my own pattern of the anarchy 'A' symbol :)

I also just play about with some spare bits of material and see what i can do with them, such as spider web net, which is useful for all sorts of things :) And i like modifying clothes (with varying levels of success!)

I will buy nice handcrafted things such as jewellery, and clothes. Handcrafted dreamcatchers are nice, although i'd someday like to learn how to make one myself.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26107 by iHauntTheSepulchre
@Envy: I wouldn't have a clue how to clean magpie feathers (let alone feathers in general), I'm used to just using the feathers I find lying about, all I do to clean them is give them a light spray from a disenfectant.

@MITommy: Those look gorgeous! They probably smell delicious too.

@vampirelycanthrope13: Your jewelery sounds pretty cool, would we be able to see some photos?

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 6 months ago #26108 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Crafts and handmade items.
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

:huh: Anyone know how to clean wild bird feathers without completely ruining them?

Check these links:
reviews.ebay.com/Care-of-Feathers_W0QQug...GD:CAT:-1:LISTINGS:1
www.howtocleanstuff.net/people-and-pets/...w-to-clean-feathers/

I personally don't have experience with cleaning feathers, but I hope those links help.

Thanks!

Disinfectant spray sounds good too..I could use that just to be sure. I just know that usually, feathers are the dirtiest part of a wild bird, so I'm a bit wary of using them for any craft projects. :huh:

I think I'd start off with white turkey feathers anyway, before moving onto the prettier feathers.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26114 by Morgana
Envy, would you consider using fake feathers, just for the cleanliness? I'm pretty sure you can buy them in most craft stores. They come in some pretty wild colours, but you may be able to find more natural looking ones as well.

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds