Show Navigation Menu

sanctuary...

More
14 years 5 months ago #9234 by PermeliaOpus
Replied by PermeliaOpus on topic Re:sanctuary...
I find comfort in hiking in the woods, swinging on a swing in a heavily wooded area, taking pictures alone while outside near the woods with a lot of life in them.

Seeing the result of my artwork(whatever kind) in front of me.

Singing in a choir.

Actually, the place that Knumpcy just posted also. I've been there before. Yeah, it is the classic cliche of the gothic culture/subculture, but you have to admit, cemeteries are very relaxing and serene.

"I'm not crazy, I just don't give a fuck!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9244 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:sanctuary...
SkieShauphen wrote:

Speaking of clifftops, my new home here has a large cliff face just a 40 minute walk from my house. I like to go up there at night and watch the city lights or the sunset. It's the highest spot in the town and no one goes up there save for the occasional horse rider. I think it's on a horse path. It's quite a drop to the bottom into a shallow and icy river filled with jagged rocks. Not safe. I almost fell once when it was slick with snow and ice. There is a natural spring in the cliff that formed it and I almost fell off. Scary.

Oh how I envy you :( (apart from the 'almost falling' part). I live in the very centre of England in a large city, so all of the clifftops are at least 3 hours away, if not more. I end up yearning for holidays quite often just to be able to hear myself think and be able to breathe in a nice, tranquil area..

City life really adds to that sinking, depressive feeling at times.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9245 by Envy
PermeliaOpus wrote:

I find comfort in hiking in the woods, swinging on a swing in a heavily wooded area, taking pictures alone while outside near the woods with a lot of life in them.

Seeing the result of my artwork(whatever kind) in front of me.

Singing in a choir.

I love hiking in woodland. :) In Northern Wales, there's areas that have woodland on a mountainside overlooking the sea and empty beaches. Wales has everything - Oh how I miss the place.

Art is quite a nice form of relaxation..Although being a perfectionist myself, I end up getting frustrated at little details, which just winds me up and I end up in no better state than I began. :woohoo:

Being in a choir sounds interesting..They aren't that common where I live, apart from in churches. Supposedly singing regularly can lengthen your lifespan. :P I guess I'll miss out on that perk.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9285 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:sanctuary...
Envy wrote:

SkieShauphen wrote:

Speaking of clifftops, my new home here has a large cliff face just a 40 minute walk from my house. I like to go up there at night and watch the city lights or the sunset. It's the highest spot in the town and no one goes up there save for the occasional horse rider. I think it's on a horse path. It's quite a drop to the bottom into a shallow and icy river filled with jagged rocks. Not safe. I almost fell once when it was slick with snow and ice. There is a natural spring in the cliff that formed it and I almost fell off. Scary.

Oh how I envy you :( (apart from the 'almost falling' part). I live in the very centre of England in a large city, so all of the clifftops are at least 3 hours away, if not more. I end up yearning for holidays quite often just to be able to hear myself think and be able to breathe in a nice, tranquil area..

City life really adds to that sinking, depressive feeling at times.

Well, it's ok and all but I've been out in towns that are so far from real civilization that I absolutely hate it now. I yearn to move into a real city. I'm hoping to find a place to live in Denver as soon as I can. I'm anxious to go to my first Gothic Nightclub. And there is a store called The Rave: oh My Goth. It looks absolutely stunning. Denver will be my new home one day.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9294 by Envy
SkieShauphen wrote:

Well, it's ok and all but I've been out in towns that are so far from real civilization that I absolutely hate it now. I yearn to move into a real city. I'm hoping to find a place to live in Denver as soon as I can. I'm anxious to go to my first Gothic Nightclub. And there is a store called The Rave: oh My Goth. It looks absolutely stunning. Denver will be my new home one day.

Oh, glad to have heard that point of view. I always imagined living somewhere more rural when I was older. Never really thought about missing city life - Given me a fair amount to think about. :huh:

More
13 years 11 months ago #20014 by Kelaiah_
Replied by Kelaiah_ on topic Re:sanctuary...
I really, really like churches, especially old ones. One of the rare places where you can be surrounded by many people and still having your own peace.

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds