Show Navigation Menu

sanctuary...

More
14 years 7 months ago #2288 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:sanctuary...
true....:P
a place where you can stand alone and find yourself....:):D...difficult task indeed , but evidently one that must be done...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2302 by janelle hell
Replied by janelle hell on topic Re:sanctuary...
Aftermidnight wrote:

I'm agreeing with Janelle; I love a church and graveyard because it's a peaceful, quiet place. And because it has a kind of 'holy' atmosphere, it's just a nice place to sit quietly or go for a slow walk.
Also my room is a bit of a sanctuary, because it's just the way I like it, like any room should be.

Yes, cemeteries, too, but they have to be *old*. Or what passes for \"old\" in the U.S.; I used to live a few blocks from a GORGEOUS Victorian-era cemetery in California...I loved walking through there on a misty night. It was like being in a horror movie but not scary, if that makes sense. (I guess the word I'm looking for would be \"atmospheric\"?) Just walking through it and reading the names and the dates and looking at the beautiful old marble gravestones.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2307 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:sanctuary...
Like I posted before for Halloween, in New orleans are some of the oldest on amazing sights in the US beside the NE coast.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 7 months ago #2308 by Vivaris
Replied by Vivaris on topic Re:sanctuary...
For me it's my room. Wherever I've lived, the room where i sleep is my sanctuary. That, and a gig always lets me unwind and be myself and not worry about anything that's going on, and at the same time I've met some awesome people at gigs. Those are my 2 sanctuaries.

The dream is alive...

More
14 years 7 months ago #2434 by stopwatchgirl
Replied by stopwatchgirl on topic Re:sanctuary...
cliche i know but Whitby is my sanctary though not in august :)
its everything i love all in one town, i live about 2 hours away so i can visit just about whenever i want depending on uni.

after that its The Hub, i've only been once but i seem to have more in common with people there than anywhere outside (the Hub is a torchwood convention)

More
14 years 5 months ago #8274 by Kelaiah_
Replied by Kelaiah_ on topic Re:sanctuary...
Polaristhe2 wrote:

My sanctuary is named Mirna (Mirna means peaceful, tranquil, calm). Girl I love. Any place I share with her is sacred to me.
However, (as things in life usually go) our relationship is complicated.

Oh, now really, well congratulations!

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds