Show Navigation Menu

Valentine's Day

More
13 years 2 months ago #30906 by Serpenvicis
Replied by Serpenvicis on topic Re: Valentine's Day
Envy wrote:

Hm. I was surprised at how many people had done something for Valentine's Day. Lots of teachers received mysterious boxes of chocolates and flowers on their desks, and lots of girls I know bought their boyfriends things..Although I couldn't see any visible sign of their boyfriends returning the gift giving. :woohoo:

Same thing here :woohoo: I had an exam yesterday, and the whole class has agreed to write \"Happy Valentine's Day, teacher\" on paper :woohoo:

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30913 by ondespumeggianti
Envy wrote:

Hm. I was surprised at how many people had done something for Valentine's Day. Lots of teachers received mysterious boxes of chocolates and flowers on their desks, and lots of girls I know bought their boyfriends things..Although I couldn't see any visible sign of their boyfriends returning the gift giving. :woohoo:

yes!I saw a lot of boys in the train, while I was going to my boyfriend home,taking roses and flowers!:)
and some one with gifts!:)
I found them so cute!:)
aaahaha..forunately I had one gift back!:)
I gifted him the heart shaped cake and him gifted me Nightwish \"End of Innocence\" dvd!:)

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #30919 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Valentine's Day
Yeah, I saw a lot of girls walking around with flowers. I must confess that I was a bit jealous and sad seeing that... :(

I don't have a big problem with Valentine's day, becasue it usually just passes like any other day.
I think it's a good idea to have one day to celebrate love. Sure, that doesn't mean that for the rest of the year you can care less...
Only thing I don't agree with is spending a fortune for Valentine's day. It's the though that counts, not how big is your wallet.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30920 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Valentine's Day
black_magnolia wrote:

Only thing I don't agree with is spending a fortune for Valentine's day. It's the though that counts, not how big is your wallet.

Yup..

I got a bit annoyed today when a girl (who I dislike anyway, but that doesn't affect my view that much) went *on and on* about her boyfriend spending over 60 GBP compiling a big Valentine's Day bag full of stuff for her (teddy bears, flowers, that kind of thing).

>.< Bah. It annoyed me because:

1. She was flaunting it constantly to try and show off.
2. She went on and on about the *monetary value* of it all.
3. 60 GBP on Valentine's Day stuff is such a waste. I'd rather a boyfriend spent money on normal non-Valentines' Day stuff for Valentine's Day..Otherwise I'd think \"This is exactly what the companies want you to do\"..You know?

More
13 years 2 months ago #30927 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re: Valentine's Day
I'm not much for romantic things, so not sure what I was gonna do for this day. Don't have a boyfriend, don't wanna get one, and don't wanna do something romantic. But a friend of mine, we've become real close of late, didn't have anything else to do either, so we just decided to do something together. Well, he decided everything, but still :P

Ended up with being awaken a bit earlier then I'd liked, and then we went around shopping food and candy and stuff (nothing about Valentine's day tho, just regular stuff - a bit more then usuall tho) and he payed for it all. He has easy to spend and I got no gold atm... o.O

Here in Sweden, we had A LOT of snow in the last days, and this was the coldest day for a few weeks - -15 C. But no matter what, we went out and had a nice picknick. We had a blanket to sit on, food and warm tea, and it was really nice. My toes where frozen solid at the end, but pretty much worth it :blush:

I really forgot about it being such a romantic day. We just had fun instead :silly:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
13 years 1 month ago #30952 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Valentine's Day
:P Aww..That's sweet. Makes me think about my plans for 'prom' this year. We all decided it's too expensive, American and overrated, so we're all just going out on the night.

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds