Show Navigation Menu

Storms - cool or scary?

More
14 years 7 months ago #1410 by Aftermidnight
I love storms, best in the evening or when you're trying to go to sleep. Because you know you're safe, even though this really powerful thing is going on outside. But on holiday in Florida, I was a bit scared of the storms. Because there were loads of clouds and they lit up with flashes of lightning and big rolling thunder and the bolts of lightning were really big as well! But I got used to it and thought they were really beautiful after that.

Morgana: I hope your hurricane preparations pay off. Good luck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1412 by CorpseQueen
Mother Nature can be a real bitch sometimes, and it's just lovely. Was going out one day; walked out the door and it rained, walked out my jard and it pored down. Walk to the neighbours jard and there was hail... then rain, hail, rain, hail untill I reached my busstop. And by that time there was floods down the way, and it had not been more then 5min... 5 min and there was water the depth of at least to my ankle on the ways... Coulnd't stop smiling, as I stood there under cover and still got wet.

Have had some really interesting weather last weeks, it's sunshine in the morning and hail in the evening... and rain inbetween, with a bit of sun as well. I love that, it's wonderful. I love the rain.

I hate the wind tho... at least if you got a skirt. But I hate it anyway...

I like storms, but I'm twisted about it. Sitting inside and looking out, feeling nothing of the wind or the cold or anything, when there's a snowstorm outside... I just feel trapped. Inside the house, inside my body, by my fears and comforts... and I hate that. Can't feel anything else then sad then. I want to be inside, it's so much warmer, but it's not natural.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 7 months ago #1435 by cemwerewolf
I love thunderstorms! Against everyone else's better judgement I usually go running outside the minute one starts. I always feel so recharged after them. And the rain just seems to refresh me and the world . . .

More
14 years 7 months ago #1438 by evig-elske
Storms are scary. My entire life things around my area have been struck so I don't find anything fun about them.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1444 by demonica66613
I live in Southern California so I never really have to deal with hurricanes or tornados. I love it when it rains. It barely ever snows, I think twice in 30 years. Big rain storms are scary when driving in them. I think the only scare we have is fires. We live in the hills between Los Angeles and Ventura Counties. It gets pretty dry here. When the winds pick up, it takes the tiniest spark and it turns into a full fledged wild fire. In 5 years of living where I do, we have been evacuated twice. It is really hard to go through especially with 2 little boys to take care of. I guess, I can understand the angst of a big storm because I imagine that I feel the same when I hear about a wildfire starting anywhere nearby.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1459 by NocturnalNordic
I think Thunderstorms are cool, especially at night. The way you can see the flash of light strike down to earth against the darkness, the rumbling sound that comes before is such nice reminder that there will be striking flash of lightning seconds after. I've always loved watching thunderstorms, ever since I was a kid. They are enegizing to me, really facinating to watch, nature really showing who controls things.

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds