Show Navigation Menu

Cold Weather

More
14 years 3 months ago #12371 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Cold Weather
Sounds like it will be here tomorrow. The lake is completely frozen over. The high today was 30 (or about -1 celsius), and the low will be something like 12 farenheit, which I don't have a clue as to the celsius equivalent, but too cold to be outside. We are not expecting much snow, but it will be icing over, and they worry about road conditions. School will probably be delayed to give them a chance to treat the roads with salt. By the way, we are in Central Maryland.

Daruma, I heard in Belgium they ran out of salt for the roads and had to import more! You must be having a really hard winter! It was on the news here in the U.S. this morning.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #12375 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Cold Weather
I've got you all beat : -23C for a high today! Not so much for snow yet this year, only about 20 cm at best. Usually it's better then knee deep by now but it's been a rather poor year for precipitation all around. I won't complain about the weather now though. About three weeks ago we were pushing 40 below!
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by cemwerewolf.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #12378 by Kitessa76
Replied by Kitessa76 on topic Re:Cold Weather
Heh, please allow me to go completely opposite to everyone for a moment...

It is really hot here today. It reached 38C where I live; this is tolerable when we have low humidity in the air. We have been known to reach 42 degrees - the day I particularly remember this occuring on was New Years one year. (I can't remember which one. It was a big night) ;)

I am finding it very difficult to imagine the cold and snow you guys are going through at the moment!
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Kitessa76. Reason: Because I don\'t know how to type.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12379 by vampirelycanthrope13
In Britain it's freezing! There's so much snow and apparently there's more still to come this weekend!

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #12384 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:Cold Weather
vampirelycanthrope13 wrote:

In Britain it's freezing! There's so much snow and apparently there's more still to come this weekend!

Yeah it's the worst we have seen in england for years YAYYYY!!!

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Highwayman.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12385 by TheAlcherealist
Replied by TheAlcherealist on topic Re:Cold Weather
I enjoyed the weather here in Belgium for a few days, did a very nice snowshoot ^'^ But now i wish it was a bit better ... Everything is so icy and i'm always slipping & falling on my way ...

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds