Show Navigation Menu

Sweets

More
13 years 1 week ago #32200 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re: Sweets
Starbrust jellybeans hmmmmmmmmmmm GOOD i love Easter time since its the only time they are out. i'm stocking up on bags to eat thought the year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #32202 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Sweets
necie1286 wrote:

Starbrust jellybeans hmmmmmmmmmmm GOOD i love Easter time since its the only time they are out. i'm stocking up on bags to eat thought the year.

Oh..I never knew that.

People around here tend to stock up on 'Malteser bunnies'/caramel eggs, seeing as they're an Easter speciality. They say that they're amazingly gorgeous..But the price just doesn't justify it to me. :woohoo: Malteser bunnies are teeny and they cost around 50p each..Which I think is pretty steep. It just appears to be an extra-large 'Malteser' in a bunny shape.

More
13 years 5 days ago #32349 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Sweets
^.^ My auntie surprised us all today..We received a massive box through the post..And it was stuffed with cranberry thins. The type you can only get in/around Canada, so non-existant over here in England. :P

Hehe..It's really brightened my day. I love them to pieces..

My auntie also sent over a packet of absolutely massive icing nozzles. Never seen some that large in my life. Last time I experimented with a mini-icing bag + nozzle, it was a lot of trial and error to get the icing the right consistency and not just dribble out of the bag..

Does anyone happen to know a good ratio of stuff for icing or buttercream to get the right consistency for an icing bag? I don't really want to go through the trial and error process all over again. It was veeery messy last time. :woohoo:

More
12 years 11 months ago #32469 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Sweets
I bought a large white chocolate bunny the other day. I've never heard of the brand before (it's called Bortz), but it was only $2 so I couldn't pass that up. I find that sometimes cheap chocolate, especially white, can be grainy, but this one is really good. Think I'll have to nab one or two more, and see if I can hide them from myself for a bit...

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #33947 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re: Sweets
Hey everyone. long time no post *giggles* got a question for all the candy loving peeps on here *giggles* peeps. sorry had to giggle at that. ok my question is. dose anyone know something easy to make for your loved one. thank you for any and all help. i need something easy and fast to make since i'm no good at making anything
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by necie1286.

More
12 years 9 months ago #33949 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: Sweets
Chocolate Truffles

4 cups chocolate chips
1 can Eagla Brand sweetened condensed milk
1 tbsp vanilla

Melt chips with Eagle Brand. This can be done in the microwave a minute or two at a time or on the stove top if stirred constantly. Stir in vanilla. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Shape into balls. Roll in icing sugar, sprinkles, nuts or whatever. Chill 1 hour. Store covered in fridge.

It requires very few ingredients and is dead simple to make. And they are oh so chocolatey! :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds