Show Navigation Menu

Sweets

More
13 years 1 month ago #31500 by ondespumeggianti
Replied by ondespumeggianti on topic Re: Sweets
i baked a new cake(torta marmorizzata),like this

and some frittelle! :kiss:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31502 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Sweets
oh! torta marmorizzata & frittelle! I so love those!
and just the picture makes my mouth water. :silly: :P

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31503 by ondespumeggianti
Replied by ondespumeggianti on topic Re: Sweets
black_magnolia wrote:

oh! torta marmorizzata & frittelle! I so love those!
and just the picture makes my mouth water. :silly: :P

haha, good tastes Magnolia!:D
torta marmorizzata was nice, good taste!:D

More
13 years 1 month ago #31510 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Sweets
Aww I've not tried it. Is it just like marble cake?

It looks delicious..

Hehe. My little brother made white chocolate chip and milk chocolate chip cookies this afternoon, so we've had those for pudding.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31522 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Sweets
Envy wrote:

:woohoo: It is marble cake! \"torta marmorizzata\" is just the Italian name. \"Torta\" is the general name for cake. ;) :silly:

And if you can remember I've already posted a picture of \"frittelle\" (Italian) or \"fritule\" (Croatian) some time ago. Ah... I'll have to ask mom if she can make some for me when I get home... :kiss:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31533 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Sweets
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

:woohoo: It is marble cake! \"torta marmorizzata\" is just the Italian name. \"Torta\" is the general name for cake. ;) :silly:

And if you can remember I've already posted a picture of \"frittelle\" (Italian) or \"fritule\" (Croatian) some time ago. Ah... I'll have to ask mom if she can make some for me when I get home... :kiss:

:woohoo: Oh! I love marble cake! Teehee. The Italian name sounds so much prettier. Well. Anything in the Romance languages sounds prettier than ol' English.

Om nom nom..We have a swiss roll in the kitchen, with raspberry jam..Yummy.

Hope it's not too hard to find freeze-dried raspberries in the supermarket. I really want to make raspberry and white chocolate muffins/cookies.

Although one thing I have noticed lately is that everything in the supermarket has been shrinking or has been watered down. Damned recession. The companies are playing the oldest tricks in the book..E.g. using 'new recipes' which have 50% of the stuff of the old recipe and a lot more water/cornflour/other stuff to fill the gap..Or keeping packaging the same but reducing the amount of grams per packet in an attempt to stop you noticing the size difference.

I was so annoyed the other day to have a can of soup and find that the portion size has halved (used to be one tin per two people) plus it's all been watered down with cornflour stuck in to make it a bit thicker. It's still nowhere near as thick as the good old soup they used to sell..

Anyway..*Food rant over*.

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds